Saturday 30 October 2010

FFXIV

Haven't post for a while.....
I created a char in XIV after all, to start playing something new cuz I'm kinda sick of XI already. Currently lving Gladiator. Oh and btw, XIV does have COR, Musketeer has a guild, so it's likely that it'll be a playable class in the future. And it's not just random gun user called Musketeer, it's PIRATE! They all dress up like COR in AF!

Well, so far I like FFXIV a lot, although it got like 4/10 from Gamespot review.

Many ppl complaining about bad interface and limited game content, however, compare with FFXI is way better. Basically, if you can tolerate XI then you should be able to tolerate XIV..... I still have no idea how to play XI with a keyboard and a mouse, but I can play XIV with a keyboard and a mouse at least. As for limited game content... I thought XI has even less content when it launched? Ok, maybe we shouldn't compare XIV with XI, we should compare with WoW._.

As for lag in XIV, I d/c and r0 in abyssea or even other areas in XI everyday, so I already learned how to tolerate SE's crappy server._.

Otherwise I'd say XIV is very similar to XI in many ways. The menu, map, control, setting, auto translate, TP, everything. Just improved from XI in many ways. For me it's like FFXI-2, except it's less annoying, faster travel, easier to use map/quest log, more direction in this game. Some reviewers says XIV lacks in game direction so you don't know where to go, tbh, it's way better than XI, which you really never know where to go next for quest. Again, if you can tolerate XI then you should be able to tolerate XIV.

I actually like the class system a lot. In XI many jobs are stuck using same subjob over and over, which is kinda annoying. In XIV it's more flexible. Although I can expect once this game release for 1~2 years, every class will have to stuck with certain ability for efficiency again.

One thing I'm truely happy in XIV is, it's new, and have a lot of new stuff to explore, while XI is all dead and all about gear grind. Look at all the recent game content released in XI, WoTG areas are mostly old areas in the past, Abyssea areas are just old areas also, Add-on missions doesn't even have anything, only lolstoryline and gear. Abyssea looks like it can take a while to do everything, but the fact is, it's only recycling old map, put some Empyrean gear and NMs in it, and that's it. Takes a while to do, but not much stuff really.

So, why am I still in XI? Hmmmm.
Maybe I won't leave until all friends are gone, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.