Sunday 1 December 2013

FFXI in fast pace mode

I played FFXI for a few days after I decided to quit XIV finally, and realized how fast it is to obtain most of the gear now. Like, probably faster than Abyssea and NNI era. I was fairly gimp before coming back to FFXI, now I'm almost done with armor sets(armor sets I was aiming for, at least) after a few days of casual playing, only weapons has long way to go.....fuck Beitetsu :(

TP set:
Quiahuiz Leggings dropped 1/1, that should complete my TP set.

LS set:
Uk'uxkaj Cap also dropped 1/1, and finished new AF body in 1 day. So LS set done.

QD:
Picked Hurkan bullet after WKR done. So QD set mostly done(only thing missing is from Abyssea augment) Still waiting for grip on AH to drop price. New AH back piece saves life for those with shitty JSE cap luck.


WF set:
Used spare point on Path B mani body, AF legs done in 1 day. Bought new mattk back and earring from AH for fairly low price. WF set also done.

Besides weapons, got pretty much every armor set I want from SoA done in like 4 days, while spending most of my time doing trial. Only gears missing are from pre-SoA or mission augment redo.

I still remember I started dyna at 2009/8, and got AF2 hat in 2010/10. More than 1 year of work just for 1 piece of item. Now it's possible to get everything in SoA in weeks or even days probably.

If anything, I don't think it's a good direction, killing sense of satisfaction is 1 thing and pretty personal reason, hard for SE to produce content fast enough to keep up with players is bigger issue that will affect everyone. I prefer harder/slower gear progression over handing every item to delivery box, I know plenty of ppl prefer easy to obtain gears. But in the end both sides will suffer if everyone just cap gears in weeks and quit, or cap gears, got bored and all there left is Mythic.

Now SE needs to produce content at much faster rate than it ever was, which is something I doubt they(or majority of MMORPG dev for that matter) can accomplish.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.