Thursday 28 March 2013

Punishment for being hardcore

So the new producer really did it, I didn't expect he'd do it for real, but he sure has the guts to do it....


He made quite a lot of last generation endgame gear completely obsolete again.


Just look at this, old T.abj head HQ, I wanted it to replace Aias bonnet for STR/DEX,




 and new light armor set that can be obtained with new area points:



T.abj HQ costs 40M to make, and new light armor head is better than Bonnet for STR DEX wwwwwwww

Should I thank god I didn't spend 40M on Khepri head? Or should I pity those who did it?

Every other gear pretty much pwned old gears too. Many of endgame gears came from endgame event such as VW got pwned bad.

I guess FFXI is heading back to Abyssea era, when old endgame gear gets obsolete after update, and there are no longer "elite" tier player.

Damn, I fell in love with post Abyssea FFXI, when elite player's effort actually worth a damn, and you can tell the difference between a good party and bad party, because elite player tried to pushed his/her limit in the game.

But now it's all over :(






2 comments:

  1. elite player? wait you mean a player that has all the time in the world. Having good gear also does not make you an elite player. There are plenty of people out there with the best armor but cant play the game. Can armor help? sure does but in now way does it make you an elite player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to argue that "has all the time in the world" doesn't give player faster gear progress, as efficiently using your time also has major factor....I know plenty of players plays 5hr a day and still struggling on getting Abyssea gear/empy 90 done. I also know plenty of players plays less but has way better gears. Either way that's another topic worth 10 more pages of discussion.

    As for "players with good gears often can't play the game", I'm not interested in arguing about skill>gear....we all know that skill> gear, and there are gimp relics everywhere. But greatest player will have both.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.