Thursday 16 August 2012

COR in legion

Recently there are several voice in FFXI or forum, regarding an issue of their COR in legion often takes forever to do rolls and caused their group killing less NM than it should be.

Personally this is the problem I encountered when I just started legion. Slowly I learned not to bust/double-up on 6+ in legion, pop Snake eye(I have 5/5 snake eye again for legion now) on No.6+ for a chance to get No.11, and use random deal to reset PR timer(I often save random deal for offensive JA in VW since I have much more time to wait for PR recast in VW between pop).

With those method, I tend to roll faster than I used to be, but I wonder if there are any way to do it EVEN FASTER?

If I didn't get a No.11 on 1st roll, and random deal isn't up, that means I pretty much have to deal with 45 sec recast after 1st roll. Further more, if I accidentally messed up the order,such as rolled Chaos roll as 2nd roll on myself, and forgot fold it when I buff the DDs, I will ended up having to do 3 rolls to erase that chaos if I have to buff the DDs with chaos too.(Note, so need to learn to remember to fold Chaos if it's 2nd roll on myself and stop making silly mistakes D;)

One of the post on BG pointed out one way to solve the problem is to keep a No.11 up full time, via VW overwrite roll style. That means while the DDs been trying to DD, COR is trying to get a No.11 up  by overwriting old rolls instead of DDing with DD rolls up.

Note that trying to keep a No.11 up full time and overwrite old roll every 45 sec means COR can't DD very well, at least not as well as keeping 2 DD roll up. Not just that reroll takes time to do and you can't TP/WS, but it also means COR will lose DD rolls.

Although it's possible to reroll during down time, but overwrite any DD roll on COR with another roll means lower output. Personally I can't live without chaos if I'm using last stand, and chaos increased TP phrase dmg too. I also can't live without hunter on boss NM and more evasive NM.

However, my dmg in legion also only worth about 5%~7%, most of the time only 5%. In Hall of Ki when wave 1+2 resists WF it went even lower than 5% due to lack of ODD after WS, having to /WAR for last stand(thus less WS done than /SAM), and last stand just straight weak without BRD buff.

So the real question is, 5% worth of dmg(which doesn't make a difference?), or 30 sec faster during buff phrase(which may* make a difference)???? Which one is more efficient?

It's hard to say really, 30 sec faster during buff phrase, if I buff 3+ times a run, that's 1~2 min time lost, which makes quite a big difference in such time intensive event.

Ideally, the real answer is, still do 5%+ of dmg, but try to get a No.11 up no matter what.

Not an easy task, perhaps! It requires a lot of multi-tasking(a lot of times just cycling through offensive JA during DD phrase got me exhausted especially when I lead pt and give order on the same time too), plus memorizing every number/roll order I got up so far.(So I stop forgetting to fold DD rolls when I roll DDs)

Also having to deal with losing DD roll which will lower output too.

That's why I personally prefer WF more than last stand, the WS doesn't need to have specific roll to have good effect, and gives ODD. Unless it's in Hall of Ki which WF is just shit can't be helped.

But with WF as main WS, technically I can cycle through 5 rolls(chaos/hunter/snapshot/regain/wizard) that still benefit me before NM pulled or when NM just died depending on which NM I'm fighting.


And I only need to do that when Random deal down.



I wonder if it's possible to live without hunter completely, such as deck out even more acc in gear(although I'm very close to the limit atm) or change food to sushi(gonna gimp TP phrase and last stand dmg I know). I guess I'll have to see. Pretty sure on some NM I should be able to live without hunter. That way I can overwrite hunter for a chance at No.11 but still able to DD.

Another way to keep 11 up but still doing enough contribution is to enter /WHM or /RDM support mode....every time when DD complained they are not hasted I really want to change SJ so I can help haste DDs - - But ideally the way to solve this problem is to get SMN help haste some how, instead of lowering more % in ally for the sake of haste.



So new goal for me in legion!!

1. Whenever I roll DD, both roll has to be done in 40 sec or less everytime, with Random deal timer reset and keeping up No.11 for shorter recast.

2. I have to contribute 5%~10% of dmg in entire ally, can't sacrifice any output for the sake of keeping No.11 up. Yeah, I know 10% is probably out of reach for me atm as my highest was only 7%, but a goal is a goal! Have to aim for better goal!!! >:O

It's certainly a lot of multi-tasking this way, and I probably can't do it in Hall of Ki(hate hall of Ki ;(  ), but every other hall, this is new goal!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.