Tuesday 25 January 2011

Sucked outside

Last Sat I did my first "Early Bird Catches the Wyrm" KS99 with MLIA for Sionnach's BB item on COR/RNG. Despite we're lv 90 doing this lv 75 event, we still wiped for the first 2 runs. It's pretty funny to see 10 well geared lv 90 players who pretty much beat every NM in abyssea still can't handle a lv 75 era BC. And I blame the atma power for spoiling us ._.

We're too used to unlimited MP in and DD tank in abyssea, and WHMs ended up running out of MP. I should take large responsibility as well, since I only gave Magus roll and DD roll for first two runs, and completely ignored Evokers. I haven't use Evokers roll and roll rotations for ages and pretty much stick with only 2 DD rolls in abyssea, and now my COR gets rusty and not all that used to timing/positioning for roll rotations.

Anyways, our run got better when Ager switched to PLD tank, COR and BRD started using Evokers/Ballad. And cg on Sionnach's new BB.

I have to say KS99 is a fairly nice experience, I finally feel my COR is relevant again in events. Buffs really make a difference, and ranged attack pew pew mode can handle the Wyrm in air mode, although I think some physical blue magic from my BLU can also hit flying enemies. I found my COR /ra actually hits pretty hard with new Triple shot and AF3+1 body to enhance Triple shot JA. Snapshot gears(4 enhance snapshot piece plus 1 snapshot+3 body piece) I collected in Abyssea also helped a lot. It should be even stronger once I finish /SAM and get a Loki for 5 hit.......um.....if getting a Loki is even possible .___.

Also, in abyssea I've been playing with COR/DNC spamming Evisceration recently. I have to say I'm falling in love with COR/DNC XD Evisceration is a very cheap and effective WS in abyssea with RR/VV, and extra 5% haste from haste samba makes a significant difference for overall pt dmg output. Curing/healing waltz is just icing on the cake. The only weakness of /DNC is melee TP feed and no shadows for protection, and this sub tend to pull hate a lot. I'd say as long as COR is fighting any melee-able mobs-NM or EXP mob that you can melee and won't die, /DNC is the best sub for overall dmg output. As long as my pt has other DDs, my pt seems to kill NMs faster if I come COR/DNC instead of BLU. Although BLU still kills EXP mob faster.

Also, since I mentioned COR pew pew mode, I have to complain a bit about COR bullets. I often accidentally shoot my Oberon bullets if I /ra, and due to low supply of Oberon this bullet is supposed to be QD only bullet. It usually won't matter if I can just resupply them. But they're literally never up on AH. Now my supply of Oberon is getting low, and have to use Steel bullets for QD as well if I /ra or else I may shoot all my Oberon and get no bullets to QD. And after a couple round of KS99 I found my steel bullet is also running low, and I can't find any on AH. This is just BS. Highest base dmg bullet COR can use is already 28 base dmg behind RNG's, and they're almost never on AH. The second highest base dmg bullet is also rarely on AH and it's like 35 base dmg lower than RNGs. Now now what should I use next to pew pew? Lv 61 Corsair's bullets? :( Why won't SE release some better and easier to obtain/synth ammo for COR if they just keep adding stats for /ra on AF3? SE wants COR go /ra, but no supply on ammo and base dmg just suck balls. /rage /rage /rage


Bahhh time to find some crafters to synth me some useable bullets :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.