Sunday 12 January 2014

JP only....or not

I've been paying attention to PT finder search comment in XIV during free weekend campaign, from what I've seen so far:

Most of the extreme primal pt, coil T5 pt are JP only.

Half of the coil T1~T4 pt are JP only, half of them have no JP only comment.

Everything else rarely have JP only comment.

One of the pt actually have comment telling ppl "as long as you can read above JP comment, we don't care if you'r JP or not"

Pretty much every pt accepting both EN and JP are not JP pt wwwwwww. Just like XI, NA/EU are ok with JP but JP not ok with foreigners lol.

Due to my timezone, pretty much every PVP and PVE pt I got from DF are JP pt. However, I haven't got kicked for being a none JP so far.

I tend to avoid JP only pt in pt finder due to my poor JP anyways. I think I've pissed off my FC coil static due to not be able to understand what they said completely in T5 before I quit 2 months ago :X
But kinda glad that I still have pt to join even if nobody want a foreigner D:

I guess this JP only trend is still acceptable by far, I'm not happy about it, but it seems that I still have 10% of pt that I can join, lol. Considering players on official forum been complaining about PVP players being super rude, and ALL of the JP PVP pt always end with otsukare(great work) no matter win or lose, at least JPs are just nicer to play with.

Sadly, when ppl create a thread about "be nice" on OF, most of the replies were "don't PVP if you can't stand ppl being rude". I've played other MMO with PVP, I know it's full of butthurt/whining kids. But if JP can end every match with otsukare and no butthurt, why can't us English community? lol

Speaking of which, pt finder is probably the greatest addition in 2.1, made me kinda want to forgive shallow to the core PVP completely. One reason is because it allows player to tell whether this pt has serious atmosphere or casual atmosphere.

JPs tend to tell ppl whether this pt has serious atmosphere or casual atmosphere in /shout before pt finder implemented. Serious atmosphere means no mistake, experienced player only. If you want to join as a first time player you better watch youtube vid 10 times. Casual atmosphere means it's ok to make more mistake, or wipe over and over again, or join as first time player. If 1 person make a mistake in first time pt everyone tend to reply with np in such pt.

From my experience, NA/EU /shout rarely separate serious pt or casual atmosphere pt. So new players join a pt, pt wiped because of new player, everyone starts blame game and blame noobs for fucking up the run.

Result? Noobs are unhappy because everyone's rude, experienced players are unhappy too because they just want to have a run complete as fast as possible.

New pt finder allows players to check whether this pt are serious pt run by experienced player or full of first time players. Want an efficient run with no noob? Pick a pt full of experienced player then. Don't want experienced player being rude? Pick a pt that welcomes new player. With pt finder, NA/EU leaders no longer have to rely on /shout to tell the ppl what kind of atmosphere their pt has since majority of the NA/EU player are not used to separating 2 different type of pt to begin with.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.