Wednesday 6 June 2012

Atmacite setup research

So after I gained 3 atmacite access, I've been messing around with most optimal atmacite/roll setup for COR in VW, since I strictly use COR only in provenance nowadays and almost never use anywhere else.

Basically, I treat atmacite as 3 buff slots, rolls are 2 buff slots, and there's extra embrava buff slot that may or may not be up. Song buff slot=AGI always, so it can be ignored. And I've been debating with Ganu about the most optimal setup for the atmacite+roll buff slot for WF spam. Only talking about WF here because I rarely do other VW and use last stand nowadays.

The Atmacite buff slot has several choices: Coercion(regain+3 AGI+3), Destruction(MAB+15), slayer(AGI+10, fire elemental attack+15), Assailment(MAB+20, Addle+15%), Discipline(save TP+20, AGI+3).

The roll buff slot has 3 choices, Save TP roll, MAB roll and regain roll.

So the question is about aiming for TP gain or aiming for dmg, and if aiming for TP gain, regain or save TP?

As for atmacite, Atmacite of slayer is pretty no brainer. The amount of dmg this atmacite added is just too huge that other TP atmacite isn't going to catch up. As for Assailment, I didn't upgrade it. Not just it costs over 5 mil in gil to upgrade, there's also addle+15%, which isn't confirmed whether it will affect magical WS or not. Considering how broke I am, risking 5M on unconfirmed effect is something I can't do atm. So I go with destruction instead, which is much cheaper but no risk with addle.

So the 3rd slot is the debate between regain v.s save TP. So does rolls, if I use save TP atmacite, I pretty much have to use Misers roll also. If I use regain, then the only roll that benefit myself will be regain roll+MAB. So it's really debate between Coercion/destruction/slayer + tactician/wizards or Discipline/destruction/slayer + Misers/wizards or tactician, until I can fully upgrade Assailment.

Basically, a No.11 Misers+discipline gives about 28 extra TP. A No.11 regain roll+coercion gives 8TP every 3 sec, thus it needs 4 tick 12 sec for regain combo to beat save TP combo. Without embrava, sometimes it does take more than 12 sec to gain 100 TP, but under the effect of embrava, it's hard to imagine I can't WS faster than 12 sec not to mention there are temps. One /ra shot takes about 8 sec including /ra lag, so it's perfectly possible to WS faster than 12 sec under the effect of embrava with no lag and jam up on macros.

So pros for save TP combo:
Probably wins if I WS faster than 12 sec, which is entirely possible under the effect of embrava.

Cons:
Have to have BOTH save TP roll+atmacite up to have greater advantage than regain combo. If I happened to reroll melee buffs mid-fight, or roll gets dispelled, save TP combo will be inferior to regain combo. Also save TP combo has 2 AGI lower than regain combo.

And regain combo is exactly the opposite, Pros:
2 extra AGI, still functional if 1 roll gets dispelled or if I reroll melees.

Cons:
Doesn't give more TP than save TP combo with embrava effect or if pt just happened to proc none stop.


Now say if I use save TP combo, the 2nd roll is wizards v.s regain roll.(But if I use regain roll, 2nd roll is always wizards since save TP roll is useless without atmacite).

This debate is much like old DA roll v.s SAM roll. DA roll always adds dmg regardless what number you get, while SAM roll only adds dmg if your number shaves 1 hit off. In a short fight like Provenance dragon, regain roll may or may not add extra WS, sometimes it does, sometimes any jammed macro,slow reaction or just TP overflow regain roll may ended up doing nothing. While wizards always adds dmg to all WSs regardless the number.

Thus in short fights like dragon, under the effect of embrava, I tend to do save TP combo and wizards roll. Without embrava I tend to do regain for faster WS. Based on last Dragon zerg parse, http://pastebin.com/CYfJ10E7, my WS frequency isn't entirely falling behind embravaed melees and still able to hit 3k~3.4k WF on dragon without resist.


After Assailment is done, it may be another research needed if removing 3 tick regain for extra 20 MAB is better or not.

I have to agree, timing JA and just DDing in general on this job is, well, hard. No matter how I try to time my JAs, there always seems to be a better way to WS faster etc. But maybe that apply to all jobs, that no jobs are easy to play without lots of thinking and focus.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.